Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- ニュートン・バイオキャピタル、株式会社PRISM BioLabに新規投資
- Newton Biocapital invests in PRISM BioLab to support development of a unique peptide mimetic technology platform to discover new drugs for intractable diseases
- Newton Biocapital invests in EditForce to support development of a unique DNA/RNA editing platform based on PPR protein technology
- Newton Biocapital invests in NeuVasQ: EUR 20 million Series A to develop unique blood-brain barrier therapy
- Acticor Biotech Announces appointment of Mr Alain Munoz as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Mrs Sophie Binay and Mr Yannick Pletan as General Managers.
- SEQUANA MEDICAL ANNOUNCES NEW SHARE CAPITAL AMOUNT AND NEW NUMBER OF SHARES
- Newton Biocapital invests in Flemish start-up DeuterOncology
- Newton Biocapital I invests in Perseus Proteomics Inc. in Japan to develop therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of blood cancers
- Sequana Medical announces positive interim data from North American pivotal alfapump® study (POSEIDON)
- Sequana Medical announces strong interim results from RED DESERT alfapump® DSR study and provides business update
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THE SUCCESS OF THE FIRST PHASE OF ITS ACTIMIS STUDY WITH GLENZOCIMAB IN PATIENTS WITH ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKE
- ジェイファーマ株式会社 総額 17 億 4 千 6 百万円の資金調達完了
- J-Pharma Raises 1,746 million JPY in Funding
- SEQUANA MEDICAL SUCCESSFULLY RAISES EUR 19.0 MILLION IN AN EQUITY PLACEMENT
- Sequana Medical announces first patient enrolled in RED DESERT – REpeated Dose alfapump® DSR study for Treatment of diuretic-resistant heart failure patients
- Sequana Medical appoints leading experts as Heart Failure Scientific Advisors
- Sequana Medical announces unconditional IDE approval from U.S. FDA to start alfapump® pivotal study (POSEIDON)
- SEQUANA MEDICAL announces inclusion of alfapump® in German treatment guidelines (DGVS) for complications of liver cirrhosis
- Sequana Medical announces acceptance of late-breaking abstract of DSR therapy for volume overload in heart failure at Heart Failure 2019 Congress
- EditForce raises 870 million JPY
- エディットフォース株式会社 総額 8 億 7 千万円の資金調達完了
- Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
- Sequana Medical announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- 株式会社日本政策投資銀行（DBJ）日欧アーリーステージ医薬品のベンチャーキャピタル Newton Biocapital I pricaf privée SAへの出資契約を締結
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THAT THE EUROPEAN MEDICINES AGENCY CLEARS THE ROUTE FOR A PHASE II OF ITS ACT017 PRODUCT IN STROKE
CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
ChromaCure’s mission is to discover and develop first-in-class small molecule therapeutics for unmet needs in oncology. The company will develop inhibitors of a novel target that is a key regulator of tumor initiation and progression, based on research conducted at the Laboratory of Stem Cells and Cancer – the Blanpain Lab, at the Université libre de Bruxelles. The company, based in Charleroi BioPark, is founded by Professor Cédric Blanpain, a global leader in the field of cancer stem cells. ChromaCure will initiate a drug development program aimed at the identification of novel lead candidates that selectively and potently inhibit the target and could potentially provide a novel therapy for multiple cancer indications, either as a monotherapy or in combination therapy with immunotherapy or chemotherapy. The current financing round will fund the identification and progression of a lead candidate through earlystage
The Laboratory of Stem Cells and Cancer, or "The Blanpain Lab", comprises some 40 researchers – permanent FNRS researchers, research assistants, postdoctoral fellows and PhD students – working on various aspects of developmental, stem cell and cancer biology. The Blanpain Lab uses multidisciplinary approaches to study the role of stem cells during development, homeostasis and cancer.
Cédric Blanpain graduated as a Medical Doctor, and is board certified in internal medicine, from the Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium (ULB). He conducted his PhD work in Prof. Marc Parmentier’s lab and his postdoc with Prof. Elaine Fuchs, Rockefeller University, USA. Cédric started his lab as assistant professor (chercheur qualifié) of the Belgian National Science Research Fund (FNRS) at the Interdisciplinary Research Institute (IRIBHM) of ULB. He is now full professor, Director of the Laboratory of Stem Cells and Cancer and WELBIO investigator. Cédric Blanpain has authored and published more than a hundred highly-cited papers in leading scientific journals, including Nature, Cell and Science. He received prestigious and highly competitive awards including the EMBO Young investigator award, ERC starting and ERC consolidator grants, the outstanding young investigator award of the International Society of Stem Cell Research, the Liliane Bettencourt award for life sciences and the Joseph Maisin Award. In 2012, Cédric Blanpain was selected by Nature as one of "The ten scientists that matter". He is a member of EMBO, the Belgian Royal Academy of Medicine, and Academia Europaea.
The Blanpain Lab’s research has been funded by the ULB, FNRS, TELEVIE, Walloon Excellence in Lifesciences and Biotechnology (WELBIO), the Walloon Region, Fondation Belge contre le cancer, Worldwide cancer research, Fonds Erasme pour la Recherche Médicale, Fondation ULB (including several individual donors), Fondation Slumberger pour l’Education et la Recherche (FSER), Fondation Bettencourt Schueler, Fonds Baillet Latour, and the European Research Council (ERC).
Investors in the EUR 17 million committed equity round for ChromaCure, to be funded in several tranches, include lead investor New Science Ventures, a U.S. venture capital fund present in Europe, joined by Newton BioCapital (co-lead), S.R.I.W., Theodorus, Sambrinvest, as well as individual investors, a.o. Mr Pierre Drion and Mr Jean-Claude Marian. ChromaCure will be led by Jalal Vakili, CEO, who has been involved in various aspects of drug development, with a focus on oncology, for the past 15 years. After completing his medical training and obtaining his PhD in Biomedical Sciences at ULB, Jalal went on to complete his post-doctoral work at Immunex Corporation in Seattle. He then worked in different start-ups in the Seattle area, before returning to Belgium in 2010 and joining Ablynx as a senior scientist. He joined the Jules Bordet Cancer Centre in Brussels in 2012 as director of research operations. Before joining ChromaCure, Jalal was Director of External Opportunities in the Oncology Centre for Innovation of the French pharmaceutical group Servier.
Cédric Blanpain, founder of Chromacure: “It is really exciting to translate our basic discoveries into clinical applications that hopefully will provide new therapeutic opportunities for cancer patients”
Jean-Pierre Bizet, partner at New Science Ventures: “We are excited to work on this patientcentered project, given the quality of its science and founding team and its distinguished group of investors”
Guy Heynen, partner at Newton Biocapital: “We are delighted to enter into collaboration with Cédric Blanpain’s cancer research laboratory, given its worldwide reputation to accelerate delivery of significant benefits to patients suffering from cancer”
Philippe Degive, Investment Manager, S.R.I.W.: “We are very pleased to welcome such a promising company within both the growing Walloon ecosystem and the S.R.I.W. Life Sciences portfolio. ChromaCure is an additionnal illustration of the quality of the local research in the fields of stem cells and oncology.”
Lotfi Yelles Chaouche, partner at Theodorus, the ULB spin-offs Investment Fund: “We are delighted to see ChromaCure and Cédric Blanpain's cancer research laboratory pursue their ambition to bring life changing medicines in the field of cancer.”
Contact person: Jalal Vakili : email@example.com