Acticor Biotech successfully completes a capital increase for a total gross amount of 12.2 million euros, via the issuance of 1,793,005 shares
Paris, France, March 09, 2023 - 8:00 am CET - ACTICOR BIOTECH (ISIN: FR0014005OJ5 - ALACT - the "Company"), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing glenzocimab, a novel drug for the treatment of cardiovascular emergencies, in particular stroke, announces today the success of its capital increase for a total gross amount of 12.2 million euros, by issuing 1,793,005 new shares at a price of €6.80 per share.
Gilles AVENARD, Chief Executive Officer of Acticor Biotech, said: “I would like to thank all the historical investors, and particularly Mediolanum Farmaceutici S.p.a., for having participated in this fundraising. We have also had the opportunity to have the support of French and international institutional investors, as well as of many individual investors through the PrimaryBid platform. I would particularly like to thank them for the confidence they have placed or renewed in Acticor Biotech. Rest assured that we will pursue with conviction our mission to bring to market a first-in-class drug for the treatment of cardiovascular emergencies.”
Purpose of the funds raised
Following the success of the transaction, the funds raised will enable the Company to finance its operations until November 2023. The Company will use the proceeds of this capital increase to pursue its development plan towards the registration of glenzocimab for the emergency treatment of stroke, which will be achieved through:
- continued recruitment of patients in the ACTISAVE clinical trial (pivotal registration phase 2/3) rolled out in 7 European countries, the United Kingdom, Israel and the USA until the first futility analysis,
- the preparation of a new batch of glenzocimab and the pharmaceutical registration plan.
In addition, as part of its day-to-day operations, the Company will pursue its continued consultations with regulatory agencies and the work necessary for the registration of glenzocimab in Europe and the United States, and aims for a launch of patient enrolment in the LIBERATE phase 2b study (sponsored by the University of Birmingham) in the treatment of myocardial infarction and continued enrolment in the GREEN study (sponsored by APHP) in the treatment of stroke in combination with mechanical thrombectomy.
Main characteristics of the Offer
The Offer, for a total amount, including issue premium, of 12.2 million euros, was carried out by issuing, without preferential subscription rights and without any priority period, 1,793,005 new ordinary shares, within the framework of:
- - a global offering (the "Global Placement") of 252,738 new ordinary shares, with cancellation of the preferential subscription right, to institutional investors for an amount (including issue premium) of 1.72 million euros, in France and abroad;
- - a public offering (the "PrimaryBid Offering") of 174,129 new ordinary shares, with cancellation of the preferential subscription right, to retail investors via the PrimaryBid platform, for an amount (including issue premium) of 1.18 million euros;
- - an offer to categories of beneficiaries of 1,366,138 new ordinary shares (the "Reserved Offering"), without preferential subscription rights, reserved (i) to Mediolanum Farmaceutici and two other individuals in the context of a cash subscription for a total amount of EUR 5.2 million and (ii) to the holders of the Company's outstanding Convertible Bonds in the context of a subscription by way of set-off against the debts due by the Company in respect of the Convertible Bonds for a total amount of EUR 4.1 million.
The new ordinary shares, representing approximately 17% of the Company's share capital, on a non- diluted basis, before the completion of the Offer and 14.5% of the Company's share capital, on a non- diluted basis, after the completion of the Offer, were issued yesterday evening by decision of the Company's Chief Executive Officer pursuant to the sub-delegations of authority granted by the Company's board of directors on March 6, 2023, in accordance with the 26th and 27th resolutions of the general meeting of the Company of October 4, 2021 and the 13th resolution of the general meeting of 12 May 2022 (the "Meetings").
The issue price of the new ordinary shares has been set at €6.80 per share, representing a discount of 16% compared to the closing price of the ACTICOR BIOTECH share on March 8, 2023, i.e. €8.10 and of 20.4% compared to the volume-weighted average price of the ACTICOR BIOTECH share on the Euronext Growth multilateral trading facility over the last 3 trading sessions prior to the setting of the issue price (i.e. from March 6 to March 8, 2023 included), i.e. €8.54, in accordance with the decision of the Director General acting by sub-delegation and the resolutions of the above-mentioned Meetings.
It is specified that all of the directors of the Company, or the legal entities of which they are directors, who have themselves committed to subscribe to the Offer (including the holders of the Company's outstanding Convertible Bonds) did not participate in the vote on the decision of the Board of Directors delegating to the Chief Executive Officer the authority to launch the Offer and to set the final terms thereof.